This is the outcome of my altering project, which I am entering at The Stamp Man Challenge blog (link see above):
Here is the original box, as it looked like, before I attacked it with everything my mind was up to at that moment.
As you can see, I had already started to cover the edges with a Tim Holtz tissue tape to get light edges that could be inked afterwards with distress ink and tool.
After I covered all of the grissly purple-blueish-green edges with the tape, the box looked like this:
Then I inked around all of the edges with Distress ink "walnut stain", which I also used for inking the edges of the four paper-panels (for the sides, the back and the top of the box), which I cut out from a script covered sheet of my "Timeless Paper Stash" and glued onto their correspondant places afterwards.
I chose the subject "Cycling through life" for this project (which I just realized I have been stamping wrongly spelled onto one of the labels *grmpf), so I stamped (and partially embossed) various images of old bycicles and clocks onto the sides, back and top, which I "co-housed" with small labels from a sheet of my Prima "Romance Novel" paper stash. To add some texture, I stamped my favourite "three top-hatted men from Tim Holtz" in "pumice stone" ink colour quite randomly all over the box and the drawers' fronts too. As a colour-additional finish I inked the box at some spots with chalk inks in two different pink shades.
As the drawers would have been to wide for their slots, if I had covered them with paper too, I just coloured them with acrylic brown colour. The bottom side experienced the same treatment Wallaaah!
Here are some views from different angles and close-ups: