As flonzcraft stamps are a favorite of mine (well, amongst others *lol) and I LOVE to do tags, I also enter Simon Says Stamp and Show's "Your Favorite" challenge once more with this project.
I also enter the Stampotique Designers Challenge with this tag, as they ask for self stamped backgrounds, which is exactly what I did with the smaller tag.
This time I used my beloved "Learn to Fly" stamp set with the falling Ikarus and the gorgeous balloon from the "Vintage Machines Engravings" large stamp sheet.
I tried two techniques for the first time with this project: first modelling with polymer clay and second stamping and embossing on fabric. Both went out quite satisfying for first attempts - so I am really happy with the outcome.
The tag is made of two layers. The bigger sized tag is distressed and blended with "walnut stain" Distress ink and spritzed with some water afterwards. Then I added the lovely bird on a branch image from flonzcrafts "Sweet Bird of Love" set, to add some texture.
The smaller tag was stamped in the background with the balloon image in Distress ink "antique linen" several times. Afterwards I stamped one of the gorgeous flourishes and the falling Ikarus in Archival ink "sepia".
The quote on the linen ribbon is from the "Learn to Fly" stamp set too. I stamped it with embossing ink and heat embossed it with Ranger "Copper" embossing Powder.
The wing pendant is modelled of gold effect polymer clay (here in Austria we have the "Fimo" product line, which is very popular), which I first rolled flat and then I pressed the flonzcraft balloon image stamp into the soft and flattended clay. First time I did it without stamping ink - that merely ruined my stamp, as the clay wouldn't come off again easily. I had to give it a hard scrub with a fingernail's brush (and wasn't too sure the stamp would survive - but - a high quality product it is!!! - it did!). For the second try I used gold stamping ink and that went just perfect. The wing shape was done using a cookie cutter (my favorites for X-mas!).
After the baking process and the cooling, I gave the pendant a treat with AAI "oregano", "rust" and "juniper" and rubbed in some black archival ink afterwards, removing most of it with a soft tissue, so the colour only remained in some of the impressed areas.
Some additional close-ups as usual:
Hope to see you again soon!
die amelie xxx