Not much time left to enter the "Tattered Floral Challenge" over at Tim's blog, but finally my "Tattered Florals" die arrived with the mail last Thursday and today I found some spare time to try it out. Wow, what fun!
I really love that die - and that means a lot as I am quite picky when it comes to crafted flowers.
I recently bought a card picture frame for 95 Cent and it was the perfect object to alter using the "Tattered Florals".
Here's what I used for the project:
Some Ranger alcohol inks, blending tool, glue, two Sizzix Alterations embossing folders, some adhesive metal foil, card and burlap,
also Grunge paper, Tim's idea-ology fasteners and of course my Sizzix Big Shot!
I first die cut some flowers from plain grunge paper and gave them a patina surface using the pebeo patina set.
I also applied metal foil to another piece of grunge paper and die cut some more flowers, which I afterwards ran through the Big Shot using the embossing folder. These flowers were treated with alcohol inks.
They were glued to the card frame afterwards. I also cut some gears and the tiny flourish (using the Sizzix Alterations Movers and Shapers dies), whichwere given various treatments (heat embossing, blending with Distress ink, patina).
I chose the "three ladies picture" from my ancestors photographs collection to go with the frame and after playing around a little all the elements had found their spot and were fixed to the frame. Done!
Here are some more close-ups to show the flowers and some of the surfaces:
Thanks for your visit and I hope you enjoyed it a little! :)
die amelie xxx