So my April tag #2 again looks quite different compared to Tim's original according to the colours. But this time I tried to incorporate wings and his design.
After doing some layers of marbelizing with Distress paints, covering that with a layer of Distress inks and flicking some water onto it I got this background:
As I used light colours I added silver metal paint instead of copper... I am really proud that this time you could (finally!!) see the effect of that second stained distress ink layer! (even though most of it was going to be covered up anyway...*lol).
I used a lot of Tim Holtz goodness on this - stamps, embellishments, tissue tape...
As I had no metal corner embellishment I stamped the corner image from one of Tim's stamp sets onto acetate and fixed that to the tag using an attacher.
The letter "a" was coloured using the technique Tim shows on his April post but I also used the scratching tool on it to add some texture.
The tag hole for the ribbon was embellished using one of the Tim Holtz ring fasteners and I especially do love the tag label in the upper right corner!!!
I hope you like this one too! :)
With this tag I enter Simon Says Stamp and Show's "very strict" challenge.