Tuesday 4 June 2013

FunwithATCs - "Underwater"

June seems to be my "underwater month" as Underwater is not only the theme of SanDee&amelie's Steampunk challenges but also over at FunwithATC's challenge for this fortnight :)

As I LOVE underwater and everything deep sea I had to make two ATCs this time - both by using my awesome brand new Oxford Impressions "The Deep" stamps!
I hope you like them!


With this ATC I first stamped the man in his diver's suit to a piece of paper, cut the shape out and used it to mask the area where I wanted him to be in front of the kraken. So I stamped the kraken first and the diver afterwards, using DIs "chipped sapphire" and "faded jeans". The words were stamped, cut out and edges blended with DI "broken china".


For the second ATC I first stamped the two fish and the "sea" onto some sticky labels while still on their sheet using archival black jet ink. Then I coloured the background using the acrylic bloc, felt tip pens and water technique (= applying some colour onto the acrylic bloc using felt tip pens, spritzing the bloc with water and pressing it onto the paper).

After some drying time I applied the single labels onto a prepared background and drew some bubbles using white and blue gel pens. Done!

I would love to invite you to hop over to our FunwithATCs challenge blog and see what my talented teamies made! I look forward to seeing your entries with our challenge soon!

Hugs,
die amelie x

5 comments:

  1. wow die sind beide klasse - das erste ist echt cool mit dem Spruch und dem Riesenkranke im HG - und die Idee die Fische auf Klebeetiketten zu stempeln ist auch genial - gefallen mir wieder super gut!
    LG Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant and beautiful (love the label idea!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both ATCs are beautiful Claudia, that label idea is fab, love the way it looks. The diver and octopus stamps are brilliant and I love what you did with them. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ATCs... I have a slight Underwater phobia - so this was a tricky one for me!! Love your deep sea diver and the kraken, but it does also slightly give me the creeps - which is a really good sign you're getting it right! The second one, getting the fish behind the "net" by using the stickers is so clever and creative - great work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx