Friday 9 January 2015

Earth Spirit

"Stencils" are this month's challenge theme over at The Mirror Crack'd and I loved their challenge right away as I am a true stencil girl from the heart ;)

The makes of their DT were really inspiring and made me want to "stencil somethin'" right away....luckily I had bought a lovely Dina Wakley stencil at a sale recently and was burning to use it so this was the perfect occasion and impulse!




I also bought some 4x6 Project Life Journaling Cards to use as a substrate for some quick and rather playful projects....they are larger than ATCs (Artist Trading Cards, which I love to do, but sometimes find them too small) and definitely something between ATC and Art Journal...so combining two kinds of projects I really like!

Maybe I will put a bundle of finished Journaling Card projects together with some binding when I feel the time is right. Maybe I will alter a box to collect them in....I haven't decided yet. But I love that particular size to work on!



I created two Journal Cards that build a pair and used the stencil and the mask alongside some black china ink pens, stamping with black archival ink, washi tape, handwriting, word stickers and white Gesso, which I applied through a polka dot stencil using a palette knife.




And it was the perfect occasion to try out my new Distress Spray Stains as well! Yay!




I enter the AJC pair to the "Stencil" challenge over at The Mirror Crack'd of course. If you haven't checked out their blog and the makes of the DT, I highly recommend you do so! Maybe I will see you over there?

Hugs and happy crafting,
Claudia xxx



I enter my two art journal cards to Inspiration Emporium's "Fresh Start" challenge (as this format - alongside my resolution to focus on the "less is more" this year - means a fresh start for me too).

27 comments:

  1. The black and white shaded fern looks great under the original, really makes it pop, wonderful journalling cards...like that size! wonderful Claudia! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful cards...love your combination of paints and tapes, also your handwiting is really beautiful ...I think I put new items on my wish list..
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've used the stencils these look fab! Now I might use mine that I've had for ages.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Claudia, mal kein Vintage-Look sondern ganz hervorragend modern gestaltete Mixed-Media-Technik. ich bin begeistert,das sieht total klasse aus. Weiter so. Große Inspiration.
    Liebe Grüße
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Claudia, da hast du deine neuen Sachen aber in ein wunderbares Licht gesetzt! Gefallen mir beide, deine Journalling cards. Ich bin ja auch so ein Schablonen Liebhaber, man hat so viele Möglichkeiten damit!
    Schönes Wochenende!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Claudia, I so love your styles. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Das ist eine wunderbare Idee, die Teile zu sammeln und später zusammen zu binden, meine neuen Art journal books sind auch bald voll und schreien nach mehr ;-) Wieder ein wirklich toll gelungenes Paar im Nature Look, die Umsetzung mit den mask stencils ist dir super gut gelungen! LG Kerstin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant,you always create the most wonderful things Claudia. The only trouble is.....now I have my eye on getting that stencil!

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, I feel relaxed just looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fabulous Claudia! Love the stencils you used and outlining you did gives them a 3d look, wonderful!! Stunning colours, these are so stylish! happy weekend, hugs and smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning. Beautiful colors and layers and texture....yum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. bonjour Claudia tout d 'abord merci de ta visite ,ce qui m'a permit de découvrir toutes ces jolies choses que tu crées c'est magnifique toutes ces couleurs que tu mets en harmonie j' adore tu as beaucoup de talents a bientot nate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous journalling cards, love how you used those great stencils.
    Yvonne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Claudia,
    Wow....Everything you have done to create these two pages has me salivating, The feathers looks stunning, the texture and composition is wonderful and is so pleasing to the eye, You inspire me with all your creations but I am loving what I see here.
    Thank you for joining us at TMC this month and good luck with the Dt call, I for one would love to work alongside you.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Claudia, these are fab stencilling creations- makes me want to get inky! Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are gorgeous! Your creativity is unending and you never cease to amaze me with your new creations Claudia!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Claudia, I always love your work and like Sue I would love you to join us as part of the team.
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at The Mirror Crack'd. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You really have created some wonderful texture, the stencil and mask are beautiful and your choice of Distress Spray Stains work so well! Thanks so much for joining in at Inspiration Journal. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Die sind richtig toll geworden!!!! Sehr, sehr schön!!!!

    LG!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Claudia I love these cards! Wonderful colors and stencils!!!!!!!!! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wirklich wunderbar geworden! Und wie immer vielen Dank für das Tut!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, love your project, the ferns are beautiful and the colours just right! Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohhh, these cards are pure eye candy! Love your design and all the texture, so pretty!
    Thanks for joining us in the Inspiration Journal challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards, Claudia!! Absolutely LOVE both of them!! Oh gosh, another stencil/mask set that I'm going to need this year!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  25. Terrific artwork, really love the way you have used the stencils with the words and washi tape. And I like the way you have used colour here too - yellow and black is a combination you don't often see. And then you used the sprays - what could be better. Love these works. Nice size too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous journal cards Claudia. Love your detailed explanation, and all the gorgeous texture you have created. I bet they are even better in the flesh.

    I have had a good shufty around your blog and I am sure I shall be in touch shortly, but in the meantime thank you so much for the lovely things you said about my team!

    Lin
    The Mirror Crack'd

    ReplyDelete
  27. fab project! love every detail:0)
    thanks for joining our challenge at TMC!
    grtz Jolanda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx