Thursday 15 January 2015

Three's My Lucky Number - SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges

Time for team B to show their inspirational projects for our actual challenge over at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

"Three's my lucky number" is the theme (and a fab song title from Massive Attack which I really love) - so threes and/or threesomes are what we want to see on the makes entered to the challenge.




I recently fell in love with a new format to work on - 4x6'' Art Journaling Cards! They are originally meant for Project Life journals but I rather regard them as something inbetween ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) and Art Journals - not to be done in a sketchbook and also larger than ATCs (which I think is perfect for quick and joyful mixed media projects).




As you can see in the picture I have used some old book pages, Distress products, archival ink and rubber stamping, my beloved letter stamps, washi tape, white Gesso, rough fabric ribbon, a Tim Holtz numeral die, alpha part AND stamp and brads on this AJC.




"Three Men in a Boat" (by Jerome K. Jerome) was my first real English book we read back in school and I loved it! In my version the three men travel by Steampunk boat ;)

I stamped the title, cut out the words and blended the edges with Sepia archival ink. Then I glued them onto my card using matte Decou-Page so I could shade in the single word tiles with the Distress markers. That has been one of my favourite techniques for quite a while now and I first saw (and learned) it with fab Stephanie Ackerman's online workshops - and love using it with most of my makes. And only recently I also saw Tim Holtz use this technique on his January tag for his 12 tags of 2015! (and I can understand why he too thinks it is cool! It really helps blend in and accent word stickers and creates additional depth).




I die cut the "3" using a Sizzix Movers and Shapers numeral die and glued some rough fabric behind the opening - which looks cool when you hold the AJC against the light:




There are a lot of threes and threesomes to be found on my project: the numeral "3" appears three times, there are three different kinds of washi tape used, three colours (white, brown and black), three brads, the word "three" and my three men (outside their boat) of course. So I guess this should be enough...lol.
(No, wait! I just saw that there are 3s on the measure tape washi tape too!!!....I didn't notice until editing my blog post...giggle). 




I love these three gentlemen! They look like real pioneers who are ready to explore new territory and look out for adventures (and take proper notes and draw maps and sketches of all their discoveries of course ;)!





Why don't you hop over to the Steampunk challenge blog now and check out my teamies' creations? I promise you will love what you see! ;) Maybe you will even join in our challenge?.... I would love to see your interpretation of the "lucky 3".

Hugs and happy crafting,
Claudia xxx




10 comments:

  1. Toll, in welch verschiedenen Variationen du die NR. 3 umgesetzt hast, wunderbare Farbkombination und klasse Idee mit der ausgestanzten Drei und dem Stoff dahinter. LG Kerstin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing process Claudia. Your creation is wonderful with interesting story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Claudia! Love the stamping and that "3" window down in the corner is such an amazing detail, wow! Love it! until next time, big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this boat! Great hommage to the number 3!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Das ist eine tolle Idee super umgesetzt liebe Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fab make! What size is the card/tag you are using Claudia?
    You always make everything look so easy-peasy! I am in awe!
    heading over to check out the others! huge hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Richtig, richtig toll!!!! Echt fantastisch!!!!

    LG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just Fantastic, Claudia!! I'm loving those 4x6 cards, too!! Not too big, not too small...juuuust right!! The way that you've painted this creation, it looks like a little wood panel, Claudia--it's AWESOME!! Love that 3 in the corner that you've backed with the rough fabric..it really looks like wood in that shot!
    XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ganz toll! Besonders die "3"!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx