Friday 27 February 2015

Deep Sea Life

Servus and wonderful weekend to you all!

Just a short post today, sharing my latest art journal card that was a result from a spontaneous play with some new goodies (the label maker, the Stampotique stamp and the chequer stencil).

My son loves the deep sea and all the mysterious creatures that live there. He is impatiently waiting for the first video capture of the giant squid and loves to watch (BBC) documentaries and reports about the latest discoveries. And honestly I do too ;)

So this art journal card is dedicated to my son - the future marine biologist ;)



I also used some washi tape and DecoArt Modelling Paste and acrylic misters alongside some rubber stamping, colouring and doodling with Faber Castell PITT markers.





Doodling my sea weed freehand I tried to let it match the squid's design.




The octopus was stamped onto white card and fussy cut with a crafters knife before I glued him to the card using matte DecoArt Decou-Page.

I hope you like my art journal card and have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and happy crafting,
Claudia xxx

15 comments:

  1. Love this art journal card, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your art journal card! The colors are gorgeous and I love your doodled sea weed! I'm sure your son will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo....I'm a fan too. Beautiful colors and texturey goodness. I love that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WUNDERSCHÖN ist das Claudia!
    Ganz liebe Grüße und ein schönes Wochenende!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traumhaft schöne farben und eine tolle Szene hast du kreiert mit dem gruseligen Octopus darin. Super!
    Liebe Grüße
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tolle 3D- Effekte, schnuckelige Motive und ein fabelhafter Hintergrund machen die Karte zu etwas ganz Besonderem. Ein tolles Thema aus einer noch nicht ganz erforschten, geheimnisvollen und spannenden Welt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and colorful art journal card! And cheers to your future marine biologist!! ")
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - das ist großes Kino!!! Die vielen Strukturen geben dem ganzen viel Tiefe - ein rundum gelungenes Werk, welches dein Sohn sicher lieben wird!!!!
    Ich wünsche dir ein kreatives Wochenende. Liebe Grüße, Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your journal card is fabulous Claudia, I love the rich sea colour and the octopus is a real eye catcher! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Claudia!! So much texture and your colours are stunning! Love your octopus! Great page! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! The colors are perfect and the detail is luscious. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Claudia, I'm loving this. These stamps are so quirky and fit really well with the design of your background.
    Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So toll! Ganz wunderbare Farben!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A deep-sea wonder, Claudia! This is sooo much fun!! Love the background and your layers of washi tape and the checker stencil-AWESOME!! Love your new Stampotique image! That's a FUN one! Your free hand sea weed is spectacular! This is an heirloom creation for your son!! Happy Weekend!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx