Saturday 29 October 2016

Gypsy Fortune Teller Cards

Servus!

Today I just want to share a little somethin' I made for my niece, Rosi, who will have a Halloween party on Monday where she will be wearing a mysterious gypsy woman costume and she still needed some fortune teller's cards - so I promised I'd make some for her.




I had this lovely 7 Dots Studio designer paper with tarot cards on it and cut them out. Then I glued a patterned paper to them for the backside, inked the edges black and ran them through my laminator.

To have something gypsy style looking to tie the cards up in a bundle I twisted some thin wire and various ribbons that I had tinted with some walnut ink solution into a bendable cord. The wire within makes it flexible and all you have to do is wrap it around the cards and it will keep stay in place.




I created a little charm using a 7 Dots Studio rubber stamp and shrink plastic. Then I rummaged my embellies box for some beads and other goodies and found a lovely feather.




The beads were part of a cheap bracelet that I took apart. I threaded them onto an eye pin and attached it to the wire within the gypsy cord.

I hope my niece will have the most wonderful Halloween party!!! I am sure she will look just terrific. And as she is great at putting up a show I am sure she will be a fantastic fortune telling gyspy! (Let's hope I will get to see some pictures of her!)



Thanks for stopping by and Happy Halloween!!!
Claudia
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Very clever! Thanks for the inspiration!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! What a very nice aunt you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliantly unique and cleverly designed Claudia, your niece will love having these as a Halloween accessory I am sure xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the pics!! These cards are wonderful Claudia. Your twined, corded card tie is genius! Love the charms. Perfect accessory for the well turned-out gypsy! Hugs -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx