Wednesday 26 October 2016

WOYWW #386

It's time again for me to take part in the inspiring desk hop that lovely Julia Dunnit has been hosting for 386 weeks now ;)

If you haven't heard of the "What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday" weekly event so far, I recommend you hop over to her blog, Stamping Ground, to learn more about it (but only after having taken a look at my workdesk  of course...lol).




As you can see my desk is - once again - crammed with some of my favourite stuff to work with: a vintage wooden cigar box filled with dictionary page scraps to the left, my matte Decou-Page, my favourite tones from the DecoArt media fluid acrylics line, white Gesso, black archival stamping ink and my latest project I am working on - an altered book after an online workshop by wonderful Seth Apter. I have already shared my finished book cover and binding and the first pages yesterday (in this post over here).




My book is all about the magic of trees and I am using rubber stamps as well as image transfers from own tree photographs - and hopefully I will also take the courage and add some tree drawings or paintings as well...(at least that's the plan - creating a mixed media tree lovin' book with variations of techniques and trees).

Luckily I managed to finish another page to add to my book - combining Seth's "paper quilting" technique with my own idea on how to work on this background...




To save my single pages from sticking together I took apart a vintage photo album to use the protective sheets. These have not only fabulously yellowed over time, but also have some embossed texture - so these protective pages give additional texture to my book - which is something I love even more than the fact that now my pages are "safe". lol

The next two finished pages:




On the front I used part of a Crafty Individuals stamp...




...and on the back an image transfer using one of my own photographs. This tree stands in one of my most favourite places to go to - at Castle Bernstein in Burgenland.

Thanks for stopping by today! I (plan and) hope to meet you over at Julia's workdesk soon ;)

Hugs and happy crafting,
Claudia
xxx




16 comments:

  1. Such simple but beautiful pages, Claudia. I truly love the peaceful way they make me feel just by looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your tree themed book! Those pages are simple but very striking! I was just looking at Seth Apter's blog the other day! So inspiring! Happy WOYWW! zuzsa #24

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claudia, I love your book, so much detail and texture too. Have a great week, hugs, Shaz #1 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wunderschöne Seiten Claudia! Ganz toll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so inspired today by your beautiful pages! I have a dictionary I bought at a library sale just for this reason and had totally forgot about it. Happy Wednesday! Sandy Leigh #44

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how the trees came out in this. You do such great artwork all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love altered books, but I haven't made one in quite awhile! Yours is beautiful, I love the colors and the trees, and the red cover! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #49

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello your work is so lovely thank you for sharing and for popping by my blog. Anne x #17

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your altered book is just beautiful.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #42

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Claudia, Seth is making a large hole in my savings Lol! as I cannot resist his stamps, dies and stencils. Your book is great and I am considering making one and putting all the samples in using his stuff. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 20

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I like your book and I like Seth Apter very much - must look into this online class of his as I missed one of his workshops when I was ill a short while ago.
    I see you are a DecoArt fan too - but then I am a sucker for buying paint full stop.
    Hugs & Thanks for coming to see me
    Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful work in this book, I love it! will go and check out the online course as I love Seth's work. Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your desk looks like a happy space, especially since it's full of your favorite materials! I love that book cover and the pages you've created. The pages are subtle, but stunning. I'm sure one of Seth's classes is a lot of fun and inspiration. Have a great time working on your book!
    Hope #43

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Claudia,
    I am loving your tree book! And what a genius idea to use the old protective sheets from photo albums in between pages! I use pieces of greaseproof paper torn off a roll which I have had for a long time. You used to be able to buy these rolls at the supermarket, but not anymore. I don't know what I will do when this roll runs out :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just fabulous Claudia= I love the trees and the feel of an old woods somewhere , waiting to be discovered!
    hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your journal pages are a delight to the eye. Terrific tree and overlay! Keep smiling and creating. Gorgeous works.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx