Wednesday 19 July 2017

Fireworks and Sparks at Emerald Creek Dares

Servus to round two of this month's challenge over at Emerald Creek Dares where it is all about

"Fireworks and Sparks"


If you have missed round one at the start of the month I highly recommend you check that out too!
A $50 voucher to spend on the most amazing embossing enamels, stamps and embellishments waits for one lucky winner - so don't miss the chance and play along! ;)

When I read the challenge theme for the first time I immediately thought about the "creative spark" we all love and need so much and feel lost without when it just won't fuel our imagination. So I decided to create a tag-diptych with two opposing tags that show both states: with and without creative spark.



Emerald Creek products used: 


other products used available at EC:

I also used Distress Oxide inks to create the tags' backgrounds, a Stampers Anonymous "Classics" stamp set, a spray sealant, an Andy Skinner stencil (the swirls) and the gorgeous clouds stencil by Echo Park and DecoArt matte Decou-Page to create my tags. 


Here's a quick how-to:
(click on the images for a larger view)


Die cut two tags from manila cardstock and use Distress Oxides to create the background. Then stamp the head from the #11 Classics stamp set onto both tags using black archival stamping ink. I added gathered twigs spray stain to the "without spark" tag and created drip lines. Then I sealed both tags with matte clear acrylic varnish to prevent the inks from being re-actived. 


I masked the clouds stencil with masking tape and also fixed it to the tag before I applied clear embossing ink with a piece of cut'n dry foam. I did each cloud separately and heat embossed with the dark embossing enamels like Mercury Rising, Moss Stone Green and Burnt Copper Leaves. Then I painted the eyes white using a white gel pen. I repeated the stencilling and heat embossing process with the other tag too - this time using bright and sparkling (!) embossing powders (Chinese New Year, St. Paddy's Day, Tangarine Orange Sparkle and Easter Parade). The "creatively sparked" head was given some bright shading with the tumbled glass Distress Crayon. 

Whereas the un-sparked head got a shading with walnut stain Distress Crayon. I also used that tone to blend the tags' edges by drawing a thin line and smudging it with my fingertip. I added some "creativity" to the left head and a lot of "questioning blanks" to the right one using black permanent markers. I finished the tags off by adding some word stickers. 

To create my tag-dyptich I die cut two more tags - this time from heavy packaging card. 


I cut two short strips off a spool with grey linen ribbon and glued it in between the tag and the backing card tag using matte Decou-Page. 


I started with the left tag first and once that was dry I repeated that step with the right tag.



Done!






Some close-ups:


(this one showing the embossing enamels' texture and sparkle)



(this one showing a detail from the Distress Oxides I especially like)



(and this one showing a close up of my handwriting and Distress Oxide patterns)

***


I hope you like my "with or without creative spark" - tag-dyptich and leave creatively sparked and ready to create your own! ;) 
Hope to see you play along with us over at Emerald Creek Dares soon! 

Hugs and happy crafting!
Claudia
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx