Thursday 19 October 2017

Inuit Esprit at DecoArt Mixed Media - a new project and tutorial!

Hi, servus and thanks for stopping by!
I just found that I completely forgot to share a short invite to the DecoArt Mixed Media Blog, where you can find my latest DT make as one of their proud DT members!


The title of my project is "Inuit Esprit" and I really fell in love with the little Inuit girl and her kite when I first saw her!



I combined a lot of found "treasures" in this piece - left overs from die cuts, jute cord, a little capsule with lichen in it, vintage buttons, Dresden ornaments, a bottle cap and a piece of driftwood from one of our holidays in the beautiful Austrian Salzkammergut district.

I always buy wooden houses when I find them in the sales section at home decor shops because I just love to use them as a substrate for my assemblage pieces. Houses "speak" to us. They evoke special feelings in us...so whatever is "in" a house, is safe, special and treasured, isn't it?


If you want to know how I built the various layers to create the beautiful aged look and depth, you find all the info and steps images over at the DecoArt Mixed Media blog!


Isn't she just gorgeous? I love that rubber stamp (which is a Tiger store design and was a gift from my lovely sister). 


The upper "button" actually is a seedpod that was once part of a necklace.


And I loooove the traces on the driftwood - "drawn" by nature itself!
I am happy that this piece finally found a good "home" - 
in this Inuit girl's house ;)


I hope to see you over at the Mixed Media Blog. 
Simply click HERE to get to the post!




Hugs and happy crafting,
Claudia
xxx


2 comments:

  1. So many elements to see Claudia, and the little Inuit girl is do sweet. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sehr gelungen dein Mixed media Werk mit dem kleinen Inuit Mädchen, gefällt mir sehr. Es sieht wirklich aus, wie ein Artefakt aus alter Zeit mit all seinen urigen Zutaten,wow! Erste Sahne!
    Liebe Grüße und schönes Wochenende.
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx