Saturday 4 January 2014

Finally!!!!

Finally I found the time (and opportunity) to make one those fab bracelets that brought me here  - to you and to crafty blogland in general!!!!

I found this awesome tutorial for a bracelet made of shrink foil by accident about two and a half years ago when I was looking for selfmade jewelry in general (being a beads and wire jewelry fan at that time) - and discovered that wonderful world of crafts, (and especially) stamps, papers and mixed media!!!



As soon as I saw this travel bracelet I knew I wanted to make one of these - so I bought my very first stamps (and that way I learned about this guy named Tim Holtz... only to learn shortly afterwards that there are inumerable stamps for inumerable occasions and themes... and there are mixed media to create the most wonderful stuff....)
 It was like I had landed in crafty paradise!!! - so "THANK YOU, Lin!" - thanks to you I have been infected with the mixed media and stampers virus (and already been spending an incredible amount of money on goodies of which I can no longer imagine to live without *lol)!

But back to the bracelet - I really followed Lin's great tutorial - I only used different stamps and different embellishments - but it looks pretty much like her prototype - and I LOVE it! (And hopefully my god daughter loves it too as I made it for her for X-mas).


Lin's tutorial is so very well done - it is very easy to follow and the result is so stunning! If you already haven't you really should give this one a try! It is so much fun to create and it looks pretty awesome!


Funny thing is: it took me almost two years to finally make this bracelet (as there got so many other awesome projects and stamping adventures in the way during my artful journey of the past two years) - so in the meantime my single Tim Holtz stamp sheet has  turned into being one of about fifteen or so ;). But I still think that the hotels' signs and labels stamps Lin used are just made for this one bracelet as they are at the heart of this creation and make it so special!

Lin saw this and I am ever in awe of her brilliant design and idea!






Hm. I think I will have to make one for myself too ;)
What about you? (hope you like it as much as I do)

Hugs and happy crafting,
Claudia x

21 comments:

  1. Claudia this is gorgeous!! I want one for me, I know who Lin is. I used to go to her shop in Olney and she taught me a lot of what I know about stamping and really fired up my imagination to try more and different things. I'm going to look at the tutorial to see if I have the stuff and the stamps to make it - especially as I have used up my shrink plastic, stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, WOW, WOW...I WANT ONE. This really awesome. I'll be checking out how to make one. I just love it. You should make one for yourself. I think I will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is a stunning piece of wearable art, how lucky she is to receive such a treasure. You must definitely create one for yourself!
    Wishing you a most fabulous 2014.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I'm making one for sure now. Thanks for the link. Your bracelet is awesome Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that bracelet is amazing, really beautiful! I never heard of shrink foil before but it sounds a really fun product
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. grandios, wunderschön - liebe Claudia!
    das ist ein einzigartiges Schmuckstück, eine hervorragende Idee (wie meistens von dir ;-) ).
    ich wünche dir einen schönen sonntag!
    glg
    Margit
    PS: hab'mich endlich zu pinterest aufgerafft.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking at Lin's tutorial took me right back, I think I saw Lin's bracelet on Pinterest a few years ago when I first started crafting. Your bracelet is absolutely fabulous, love your choice of stamps and embellishments Claudia. Your God Daughter is going to be one very happy young lady I think! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow das ist traumhaft! Das muss ich unbedingt auf meine To-do-Liste setzen. Danke für den Link. Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Sonntag, liebe Grüße, Dagmar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like it? Love it!!! I am totally hopeless with wire and metal, but I love the look of this so much I think I may just have to give it a try! Your bracelet looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, sieht das traumhaft schön aus. Wem würde das nicht gefallen?
    Danke für den Link, den werde ich mir später ankucken ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ich wollt' schon schreiben *Haben will*....da sehe ich, das wir mit Gedankenübertragung das gleiche Stempelset benutzt haben (:o) Also....selber machen*lol* Als Kind habe ich mein Bettelarmband geliebt, bis ich es im Vogelpark Walsrode verloren habe.;o(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant, brilliant... and so beautiful! I think you should definitely make one for yourself too - best ever use of those stamps that I've seen - I hope this one doesn't take you two years though! So glad you found your way to Craftyblogland - this journey wouldn't have been the same without you!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fab! Love the images you've chosen. Have fun making one for yourself. Hope it doesn't take another two years tho! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabelhaft Claudia! Da schlägt der anglophil angehauchte Teil meines Herzens sehr!
    Und die Werklehrerin scheint hier eindeutig durch... was für eine Arbeit!!!!
    Das sieht für mich nach ganz viel Mühe aus...

    und die hat sich mehr, mehr, mehr als gelohnt!
    Das ist traumhaft schön!

    Liebe Grüße nach Wien

    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning result with the shrinked stamps...your bracelet looks so great Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely fabulous bracelet Claudia, it's a real stunner, love it to bits!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woooooowwwww, what a great work......wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! Whan an amazing bracelet! Absolutely love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your bracelet you created is beautiful, I've not heard of shrink foil before so I will have to try and find some! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Boa, das ist ja spitze! Bin beeindruckt.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just gorgeous! Heading over to Lin's for the tutorial. Wow!!!! I hope you made one for yourself and I am so very glad you found this project. This inspiration brought a very gifted artist to our community. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx