Friday 31 January 2014

Just a quick share today

showing one of my efforts from the Soul Food class (which I gave to myself to force me back into drawing and even painting which is way out of my comfort zone still).

Zorana did a wonderful tutorial over there using Golden Iridiscent Bronze acrylic paint, which produces awesome colour effects when you work with a lot of water! I loved it!

And I loved that it made me draw again. I haven't done this for years even though once I loved to sit for hours and fiddle even on the tiniest details to make it look as realistic as I could. Guess I am still not relaxed enough to get back to this...

This image of a crab (which I found on the beach while staying at Paradise Island in the Carribean) was a rather quick sketch following Zorana's tutorial mainly. I really enjoyed it. I hope you like my little image too :)





Thanks for stopping by,

Claudia x




11 comments:

  1. Ach Claudia, Du beschämst mich... Eigentlich habe ich nämlich geklaut. Ja, ja, bei Dir... Aber nur ein bißchen, dass es nicht ganz so auffällt. Mir gefällt doch dein Kunstwerk sooo gut: Only hearts build a home.... Es wabert mir schon die ganze Zeit im Kopf herum. Und damit es nicht so auffällt, habe ich mich in den Farben gedeckt gehalten und statt Häusern aus alten Schriften so etwas wie einen Zaun gebaut... Aber ganz eigentlich, würde ich Dein Bild eins zu eins kopieren (wenn ich könnte, hihi)
    Nicht böse sein...
    Liebe Grüße
    Manu
    Und P.S. Bei Deiner wunderbaren Krabbe kannst Du ganz sicher sein! Zeichnen kann ich nämlich leider ÜBERHAUPT nicht!!! Die Zeichnung ist Dir wirklich gelungen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hallo liebe Claudia,
    phantastisch! so wundervoll gezeichnet und coloriert. eine excellente farbe, gut a
    bgestimmt. großes Kompliment-
    alles liebe und ein wundervolles Wochenende wünsche ich dir-
    Margit
    (was sagst du zu einem skype-plausch nächste Woche..??)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your drawing is beautiful Claudia and the colouring is superb. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabelhafte Krabbe Claudia.. Du solltest Dir die Zeit gönnen viel mehr zu zeichnen und zu malen...
    wunderschööön!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it very, very, very much Claudia!
    You are very talented!
    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Richtig gut geworden deine Zeichnung, solltest du wirklich öfter machen. In diesen sanften Farbabstufungen sieht das Ganze total klasse aus und es lenkt Nichts von der gelungenen Zeichnung ab.
    Hab ein schönes weekend.
    Liebe Grüße
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traumhaft schön - die dürfte auch gern gerahmt in meiner Küche hängen ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a wonderful artwork Claudia! (not a little image). Happy Weekend, Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like it??? LOVE IT!!! Fantastic drawing and oh how I love those green tones! The surroundings to the crab look fantastic too, love the subtle shading and those tiny white dots give it that little bit extra and to my eyes take it to a whole other level still!! Hope you'll show us some more of this kind of work, - really inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful.. amazing shading around the crab - which is amazing to my eyes as a drawing. Feeding my soul too, thank you.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx