Monday 20 January 2014

Take Time Now!

Today I had some spare time left so I could sit down at my crafting desk to give my take on Tim's January tag for 12 Tags of 2014 a try.



I only have the small Movers and Shapers pocket watch die, but it worked beautifully too - and as I love to work in smaller scale anyway it was much fun to die cut and emboss, stamp, blend, layer and embellish.




On this tag I used:

 Distress inks "pumice stone",
"rusty hinge" and "black soot",

idea-ology "Alpha Tiles"(which I recently bought at a sale and like so much),
idea-ology cogs, gears and brads,
an idea-ology  "Custom fastener" (on which I used a fragment from a stamped Tim Holtz quote),
idea-ology "chit chat" stickers,
"Game Spinners" and  "Journaling Tickets",
stamps from the Tim Holtz stamp sheets "Numeric", "Way With Words" and "Worn Text"

and the Tim Holtz layering stencil with those awesome grunge stripes.



I had real fun creating a hanging from the clock key and some piece of wire! (Those who know me better know that I love using wire with my projects ;).


To tone down the copper foil I used instead of aluminium foil, I used some black acrylic paint which I dabbed on with my fingertip and whiped off the raised areas carefully.














To match the colour of the tag's background with the copper elements I used I
blended my tag with "rusty hinge" and only a little "pumice stone" DI.


I also love those Journaling Tickets and the idea of stamping a quote onto them is very much up my alley!





I am sure that it is up to us to "create our memories" right now and here. Don't wait for precious moments to "find us" or "occur", but to be open minded to anything that can be treasured - from small nature treasures to short moments of joy. The really "big ones" should remain the exceptions... so we can still acknowledge them as what they really are: rare moments we will be remembering for the rest of our lives.


I like the tiny cogs and clock spinners on my small pocket watch inlay and the warm earth tone look of my tag. At some point I just followed my gut instinct and let the goodies I used on this tag lead the way ;)



I hope you like my first Tim-Tag of this year. Can't wait to see your takes ;)



Hugs and happy crafting,

Claudia x


20 comments:

  1. Boah Claudia-.. das ist wieder mal mit Können und Liebe versehen - DAS ROCKT !

    ReplyDelete
  2. this work catch me eyes! Gorgeous tag!!!! Pinned now! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total klasse, schaut sensationell aus, bin begeistert!

    LG Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Claudia, love your version!! The double clock looks great and I have to say I love that small die (I didn't even know there were different sizes...). Totally love how you have finished it too, and those alpha tiles look great and add that bit of colour to make it stand out! I adore the turn key at the top with the wire too, brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful take on Tim's tag Claudia, love how you did the key for a hanger at the top. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, a great tag with loads of lovely eye catching details.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boah das ist ja toll! Absolut genial gestaltet!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tag - I so like that pocket watch die and the texture achieved on it.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ein traumhaftes Tag, großartig gestaltet. Toll diese Patinaeffekte auf Zahnrad, Uhr und Aufhänger. Gefällt mir sehr.
    Liebe Grüße
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your take on the tag. The colors are so rustic and I like the scale of the small clock. The key/wire hanger is great. I too love wire.

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog - it is appreciated

    S@ndy

    ReplyDelete
  11. hallo Claudia,
    was für eine wunderschöne arbeit. die details so toll herausgearbeitet, die farbgestaltung -
    ich bin hin- und hergerissen!
    wunderbar -
    alles liebe
    margit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, dein Tag ist wirklich klasse!!!! Genial!!!! Das hast du wieder so super gestaltet!!!!

    LG!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wonderful! Totally love it and all the lovely detail. Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Scrumptious take on the tag... Love those warm burnished rusty tones, and the clock key hanger is just so brilliant! Fabulous use of the letter tiles too... this is another great make, Claudia!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I seriously love this interpretation Claudia! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Also ich bin hin und weg! Hier passt einfach alles zusammen. Ganz besonders gefällt mir die "Aufhängung" - wirklich genial!
    Alles Liebe, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is so much to love on this tag Claudia! I can honestly tell that the embellishments and stamps on the tag did indeed "speak to you" and lead you during this creative process. wow! The copper foil works so well with the colors that you chose. I really like the "now" that you stamped in the background -- perfect for your theme. And don't get me started on the clock key tag holder ... :) Great job! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it... even more that Tim`s!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx