Saturday 18 April 2015

"Aaaand....ACTION!!!!"

Servus and hi and thanks for stopping by!

Today I want to share another art journal page with you that I did in the wonderful Dylusions art journal from Dyan Reaveley. I really love this one as it has a stitched binding that allows all pages to be laid flat while working on them!




I had some ephemera lying around on my studio desk (a torn paper wrap from one of my watch glasses from the watchmakers cabinet and a worn tag from an old pair of Levis) and thought I might use them up.

So I started with collageing them onto my page using matte DecoArt Decou-Page after I had stamped some (rather) random texture in black archival ink (using some Tim Holtz stamps).




Then I applied some DecoArt Americana acrylic paints using a small palette knife. Once that had dried I stencilled a chevron pattern and my "Action" with black DecoArt media Gesso using Andy Skinner's fab stencils.




The white texture was applied using a TCW stencil and white Gesso. Once all had dried I unscrewed my black DecoArt Mister and added some drops of paint here and there.



The red circles were stamped using the cap of an old felt tip pen which I dipped into the red paint. The enforcement ring repeats the circle pattern - only slightly differently (which always helps to keep all the elements in a composition together and create "visual interest").




The main difficulty (as you might all know) is to find the right moment to stop. lol
The substrate paper of the journal is real good quality and a lovely natural white so I decided to let it become part of the creation by leaving (a big) part of it visible.

It was mainly a joyful play with colour and texture composition and building up layers. I hope some of the joy has become visible in a way and that you like it!

Hugs and happy crafting,
Claudia xxx

4 comments:

  1. Great page Claudia, love the texture in it and the White space
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing... Love recycling art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Claudia I love the contrast of colours against the white of the background. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a joyful composition, Claudia! It's like I just walked through Times Square in NYC, closed my eyes, and these are the fun, abstract images my brain is giving me back, nano-seconds at a time! I LOVE IT! Love the red circles you stamped with the pen cap! I won't throw away another dry marker until I take its cap off! :) :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx