I soon realized that this was easier said than done. Hunting down that die for a reasonable price and shipping costs to my place that didn't almost double that price took me several hours of chasing on the internet...but I succeeded in the end (thanks to "Sir Stampalot"...and my stubbornness) and as soon as the die had arrived I gave it a first go and made this notebook for our
It isn't as magical and elaborate as Lisa's wonderful journal that has designed pages with a story in it all the way through...but for a first go I am quite content - so I dare share it with you as my DT piece for our April challenge at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges.
I used some of the lovely "Madame Payraud" designer papers and a Red Lead collage image alongside some 7 Dots Studio stickers for the covers.
The book's spine was done using DecoArt Media white Crackle Paste that was applied through a flourish stencil.
I made three signatures that I sewed to the spine (with the pre-punched holes) using a rough thread.
I love the particular size and format of this book and I will hopefully find time soon to make some more (and also more elaborate ones) ...
I would love to invite you to hop over to our challenge blog and find out what my wonderful team mates have made for your inspiration! Also make sure to check out the makes of team A if you haven't done so already!
Hope to see you play along with us soon!
Hugs and happy crafting,