Thursday 17 November 2016

Emerald Creek Dares' "Heartfelt Freedom and Festivities - Part Two"

Hi, servus and welcome back to another Emerald Creek Dare!

This month's theme is all about "Heartfelt Freedom and Festivities" and the teamies' makes for part two are meant to start the US Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations.




The challenge for our players is an "anything goes" - so don't be shy and play along! You could win a fab $50 voucher to spend at the Emerald Creek store!!!




My latest DT parcel held the fab Emerald Creek "Winter's Mistake" and "Fractured Ice" embossing powders and I knew instantly that I wanted to use them to create an icy and frosty winter scene in a turned around canvas!

The lovely vintages snowflake charms (Victorian Snowflake and Mini Vintage Snowflake) alongside the gorgeous Three Stars Metal Band Charm had to be part if it too!



This is how the Fractured Ice embossing enamel looks on plain white paper! Amazing, right?




And it also turned some die cut trees that I had first inked with green archival stamping ink into these awesomely spotted green tree line!
The three trees above were also blended with green ink and heat embossed with the Winter's Mistake embossing powder afterwards. I love both effects equally!




The dies I used for cutting the trees were the "Evergreen Trio" die from memory box and the Sizzix On the Edge "Tree Line" die. The snowflakes were die cut using the lawn fawn "Mini Snowflakes" die.




The canvas frame was first painted with white DecoArt media Gesso and then given a coat of DecoArt media white Modeling Paste. I stamped into the modeling paste using some gorgeous stamps from Christmas stamp sets designed by Tim Holtz.




Once that had dried I applied several washes of DecoArt media fluid acrylic "Viridian" and dry brushed everything with white Gesso to highlight the raised areas - this way the texture from the stamped images and palette knife became more visible.

I also added some Winter's Mistake and Fractured Ice embossing enamels here and there.



The background inside the canvas was painted with white Gesso first and then given a thin layer of DecoArt media white Crackle Paste. I used the same "Viridian" wash to blend in the background with the frame and make the cracks more visible.




The die cut snowflakes and the metal charm snowflakes were heat embossed with Fractured Ice, Winter's Mistake and Hammered Metal embossing powders too. I wound some wire around the charms' loops and inserted them into some holes I had poked into the canvas frame.




Then I stacked my tree lines using sticky foam  pads, glued on the heat embossed snowflakes and tied the metal band charm to the bottom of the canvas using thin rough string.




Done!



I hope you like my frosty little winter scene and are inspired to create your own! It surely was inspired by the enchanting and gorgeous winter-themed shadow boxes my wonderful and talented friend Kerstin from Scrapbook Dreams always creates! She is the master of textures with frosty bling and story telling and I will never even get close to the magic she creates in her makes!

And don't forget to check out my teamies' makes too! I promise you will love what you see when you hop over to Emerald Creek Dares! And don't forget to play along!!! I hope to see you over there soon!



Hugs and happy Christmas Crafting!
Claudia
xxx




11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Claudia. I love the greens used.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolutely stunning winter scene Claudia! Love the hanging snowflakes and the stamped images around the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia, your reverse canvas is AMAZING! I love how you've used those embossing powders to take this from GORGEOUS to supercalefragelistic! The background is beautiful, but then, WOW! the tree lines and those charms make this into a lovely winter wonderland! So inspiring! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your reverse canvas Claudia! The details you've created are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claudia! this scene is so magical and so inspiring-ly beautiful!! and you have sold me on EC embossing powders!! May I ask what do you use to adhere your powders to the canvas?
    Bravo! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you so much, Jackie! XXX

      I used a Ranger Inkssentials clear embossing ink pad this time and my fingers, but I also like to use an embossing dabber. Both work equally well for me. Sometimes I also simply sprinkle the embossing powders directly onto the wet paint and let everything dry before I heat it with a heat tool.

      Hugs! x

      Delete
  6. Oh my stars and snowflakes Claudia... you have sparkled, cracked and shimmered SPLENDIDLY. Your frosty winter shadowbox is so peaceful and serene but happily magical too. Every touch is perfect. Just BEAUTIFUL. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful! Great texture and I love the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Claudia. Love it all, great colour and beautiful texture. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am absolutely in love with this, Claudia! Such a stunning project, every single detail. Great composition and texture and what a lovely, festive shade of green! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx