First I want to thank you all for your lovely and kind words on my being featured with Tim's students gallery over at CC 102! They fill my heart with sunshine and they are mostly what gets me going on my creative journey. So I really want you to know that I am glad you share some of the way with me and let ME know either ;)
I had some time to give some of the CC 102 techniques more time for a play and this is the result:
I did some "eroded metallic" (with the background), some rusting with distress embossing powder, the "painted crackles", some alcohol inking and the "faux crackled glass" on this tag. Most of them will sure become favourites of mine - as the possibilities seem endless and I just LOVE the surface texture you can create with it.
As you just have to see those fine crackles the coloured Distress clear rock candy creates, I also have some more close-ups (as a kind of surrogate for the fact that you can't touch the tag and the various surface textures).
I fixed the light bulb to the tag using some thin black wire and I placed in front of the tag's hole so the light shines through when you hold the tag against the light (which is a funny effect - making the bulb look like it has been lit).
I really love that colour combination of the rusty tones and the pale patina verdigris blue-greens.
I dry embossed the tag after I had covered it with the eroded metallic technique and sanded the raised areas a bit down. Then I blended them with DI "broken china".
I let some Distress stain "brushed corduroy" seep into the crackles...but I found that you have to be careful with doing so as some of the crackled surface might fall off if you let your card underneath the crackle texture get too wet.
The light bulb's socket was given a coat of alcohol mixative "copper" and some "sunset".
The die cut gears were glued to the tag, but the text labels are fixed to them with brads so they stay spinnable. Love it when there's something "moveable" or "mechanical" on my steampunk makes.
Actually the tag is more blue-ish than the last picture shows... my camera just did not do the calibrating the same way as it does when I do the close-ups. Sorry for that, but even editing the image could not change the colour tones to match the real colours from the close-ups. Also the metallic surfaces are really hard to photograph... well, I tried my best and I hope you like the tag and the images anyway.
As I used a rubber stamp on this tag too, I enter it to Simon Wednesday 's challenge "Use a clear/rubber stamp". And luckily it also fits the challenge over at Dragons Dream Tag It On, "A word of your choice - plus die cuts, layers, brown" and the Artful Times challenge "Feeling distressed".
Hugs and happy crafting,
die amelie x