Thursday 30 June 2016

At the Ronacher - a DecoArt Tutorial

Servus and welcome back to my little creative spot!
Today I am sharing a painting tutorial over at the DecoArt Mixed Media Blog, that will teach you how to create the impression of portrait paintings without having to draw or sketch!!!!
(I hope it has already gone live. If not, I will very likely have miscalculated time zones and it will go up later today).

I am well aware that many of us shy the hurdle of drawing persons or faces to use them as their starting point for paintings, but I will show you a way of dodging this tricky step and still create some impressive paintings of persons or portraits!




The Ronacher is a renowned old theatre in Vienna, that was founded in the late eightteen-hundreds and meant to be a theatre for the middle classes. I am sure men might have looked like this when enjoying a theatre evening out. Wearing their best suits, gloves and moustaches! ;)

I would like to invite you over to the DecoArt Mixed Media blog, to find out how I painted this gentleman! Have fun!



4 comments:

  1. Ein ganz tolles Bild und ein super Tutorial liebe Claudia! Sei lieb gegrüßt und schöne Ferien

    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is genius! I went to the full article, and I learned a lot. I have many greenish people prints that I was just going to throw away. Well, not anymore! Thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ein zauberhaftes Bild und so gekonnt gemacht liebe Claudia. Diese krakelierte Umrahmung macht es besonders raffiniert und verleiht Tiefe. Genial! Das Video schau ich mir später dann auch noch an.
    Liebe Grüße
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  4. einmalig, kann ich da nur sagen!
    lg
    margit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx