Wednesday 25 June 2014

Stampendous and DecoArt Blog Hop - Day3


2014_06_decoart 

Welcome back to Day 3 of this week's terrific Stampendous and DecoArt blog hop event! If you have missed the start of it, you can scroll to the previous post on my blog or simply read what Stampendous say:

"We're using terrific products from our generous friends at DecoArt and Princeton Artist Brushes, via inspired by Willow Wolfe, this week to show you that "if it will sit still long enough, you can paint it and stamp it!" 

If you're just joining us, don't miss the great inspiration from Monday's Post and Tuesday's Post. Artists from DecoArt's International Design Team are joining the Stampendous team to create some astonishing inspiration for you. Prepare to be amazed! 

Of course, there are PRIZES! 

DecoArt is sending sets of their Media Fluid Acrylics, we'll be adding a Stampendous Creative Palette, and Decorative Painter Willow Wolfe has persuaded Princeton Artist Brushes to donate some Select 3750 Brushes and a Catalyst Wedge to each prize package. We'll mail three prize packages to commenters with U.S. Mailing Addresses, and Deco Art will mail three sample packages to international commenters so all of our friends can play!

Visit each blog, leave a comment! • Like Stampendous, DecoArt, Princeton Artist Brushes and inspired by Willow Wolfe on Facebook! • We've also got a Pinterest Board started!

 

Please repin our projects on to your boards and be sure to tag us when you do (#Stampendous, #DecoArt, #PrincetonArtistBrushes, #byWillowWolfe) - we'll be tracking. Your comments on the blogs are your entry into the drawing! 

We'll randomly choose three blog posts from all the designer posts this week and then choose one commenter from each with a U.S. Mailing Address to receive a prize package. THEN we'll choose three international commenters to receive a generous sample pack courtesy of DecoArt, so everybody can play this time! AND I have a few bonus goodies hanging around my office for some lucky people who SHARE our Facebook posts and Pinterest Pins! Ready for your trip around the world??? Let's get Hoppin!

DecoArt Blog

Stampendous Blog

Claudia Neubacher (Vienna, Austria)

Kristine Reynolds (California, USA)

Iliane de Fockert (Elly) (Niedersachsen, Germany)

Julia Stratford-Wright (near London, UK)

Julie Robertson (UK)

Jamie Martin (Oklahoma, USA)

Debbie Cole (California, USA)

Shannon Moyer-Szemenyei (Canada)

Tamiko McCurry (Illinois, USA)


The Official Rules are here."

***
Hasn't it been a terrific week so far? Loads of awesome inspiration and no end in sight! Yay! Ready for another push to get your mojo flowing? Here we go:




my second project for this event is an art journal page I created with one of the prints I pulled using the Creative Palette and the new DecoArt Media "Fluid Acrylic" paints.




As with my first project (which you can find over here) I used some cut out circle masks, a brayer and the wonderful Stampendous stamps to create various layers. But this time I used some old, yellowed paper sheets to print on - which tone down the translucent colours a bit and make them blend in even more.




The text in the circles is written in German this time...it's some encouraging artists blurb kind of text mainly. *lol. Well, you know what I mean. (Honestly I could write a whole book about the strange miracle of lack of self confidence that is mainly to be found with really gifted and true artists....but I guess we all know that story).


s


I also used some of the stencils that come with the Stampendous stamp sets alongside some Dazzling Metallics, a white Sharpie pen, a black ball point pen and a black watercolour pencil.




As the text is more of a textural thingie with this make it wasn't my goal to think too hard about what to write. I wrote the sentences as they evolved...in an associative way mainly.


s


According to the amount of Fluid Medium or Gel Medium you add to the colours on the Creative Palette (and to how you move the brayer across the plate) you come up with visible streaks where the colours didn't blend in completely - an effect I really love!




The stamps I was given to by Stampendous are perfect matches for art journaling!





I hope you enjoyed your visit and leave my tiny creative spot inspired.... ready to hop over to the blogs of my talented DecoArt teamies and the fab Stampendous DT! Make sure to come back on Friday to check out my last project for this weeks blog hop event!

And don't forget: Andy Skinner is giving away one of his wonderful creations to one lucky person  too! You will find more information on how to get eligible to win this one if you scroll to the bottom of my previous post for this blog hop event. 

Happy blog hopping and creating!

Claudia x

45 comments:

  1. So excited to see your new project, Claudia! It's just gorgeous. Love the texture the old paper adds, and your hand writing on the page just makes it so personal! Absolutely splendid. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mixed media designs are beautiful! Love the text in the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat journal page! I love the writing within the circles and the many layers you created. There is so much to see and admire on this one page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cool project...and I love all the text...such a wonderful piece of art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty! I love the randomness of it all and the streakiness is a really cool effect~ Looking forward to Friday's post! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting journal pages. I would never think to do something like that for an art journal. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning page Claudia so many wonderful layers on this one.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it ! Great colors and cool handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HaHa! Fixed your link Claudia so here I am! I REALLY love this page from you. Beautiful layers and colours with wonderful highlights in white. Love that you've written round the circles although you could be saying anything as far as I know! My handwriting is very simple and I rarely use it on my art; yours looks so 'arty' dare I say?!! Gorgeous work as ever. . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the layers, circles, stunning

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very very stunning, Love the amount of layering. So much detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic project, the stamps look great.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. *Schmachz* was für eine cremige Optik. Ich kann ja lesen wie du es machst und es würde trotzdem nie so bei mir ausschauen. Total genial. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the muted colours used. Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that is lovely, I do hope you have framed it and it is hanging on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your work never fails to impress me. It is making me want to grab my favourite art tools and have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is awesome! Love your work.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very creative page--i like all the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like this, it is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this Claudia,have just bought that mono print plate,it's so much fun,sadly I have just seen a stamp I NEED now as well....
    Thanks for the inspiration,as always
    Hugs
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice! I love the many layers

    ReplyDelete
  22. Interesting journal page! I love the writing within the circles and how some of it is legible and other parts are for textural purposes. There is so much to see and admire! Thanks Claudia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the colors you chose. And those stamps look so yummy, LOL I think you did a wonderful job on your piece of art. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love to see what different artists do with the same supplies. Thanks for some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is gorgeous! I love the way the colors streaked.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The streaky bits are my fave but I really like the circles too. I'm ready to go get all paint-covered!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Brandi (@Fitzysmom)25 June 2014 at 19:33

    I love all the layers and textures! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great mixed media piece. Love those circles and all the white accents.

    ReplyDelete
  29. An extraordinary page - the print is beautiful, so full of texture, and your words are brave and beautiful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is simply wonderful! I feel a tiny bit better about my lack of self confidence when it comes to creative things (us mathematical people struggle with creative!) after reading your post. Totally amazing project...I'll try to remember to 'be brave.' Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such an imaginative piece Claudia. It puts me in mind of a collection of mixed pebbles from a beach, marked by the waves and sea creatures over time. Beautiful. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fantastic AJ page!!! And as I'm really someone who totally lack of confidence, I love this even more... :) Thanks for sharing this fabulous background and page Claudia. Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful designs and colours. So inspirational xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh wow this one really speaks to me...

    ReplyDelete
  35. I thought the designs look like shields and they look like they are metal.
    Great project. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I've been reading the comments and I totally agree with them. You did a wonderful piece; it is inspirational. I could look at those circles all day long; they are very zen like. thank you, -con

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yummy stamps and fabulous project !

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a fabulous mixed media piece of artwork here. You really showed how well the stamps and paints work together. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a stunning piece - you should never lack confidence in your ability or talent if this is anything to go by. Just love the idea of your text & quotes that you've written round in circles

    ReplyDelete
  40. GORGEOUS! Nothing else needs to be said!

    ReplyDelete
  41. SO much to see and just fabulous inspiration. Jeni B

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the streak effect & all that text!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. very interesting, mskes me think of Amoeba!

    ReplyDelete
  44. this piece just made me laugh out loud. love the 'journal your art out'. you certainly did that here. wow ... great use of space and love the movement. Geez Claudia ... you never cease to amaze me with your talent

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx