Tuesday 18 December 2012

Fun with ATCs - "Choose a Song!"

This fortnight at FwATCs you are invited to choose a song that inspires you to create an ATC.

Quite a difficult task for me, I have to admit, as I wasn't at all sure how to visualize something a song evokes in me.
When I browsed through our CD-collection at home, I stumbled upon the recording of "The Tiger Lillies'" "Freak Show", which I saw live about a year ago and loved sooo much!

The song "Rosa with three hearts" especially touched me, as I loved the idea of having three hearts, but being as (or even more) vulnerable as anyone else who had only one of them.

I used a red glossy coated party plate as background, which needed some Gesso coating in the area where I wanted to stamp "Rosa", being surrounded by the three hearts. One of them has gone, one is broken and one poisoned and Rosa is meant to die if she doesn't get another three hearts. Some areas received a treatment with alcohol inks to get some texture.

I colour copied three heart-images from an anatomy encyclopedia and cut them out. One got wings, one turned green (from the poison) and one is broken - so I tore it to pieces before glueing it onto the card. I also added a piece of paper from a dictionary, which I stamped and doodled on.

The card's edges were distressed and blended with Distress ink "peeled paint". At last I added a self-adhesive lace ribbon to add some more texture and "loveliness" to the ATC.

I tried to use colours and textures to create something close to the feel of the show being full of poetical enchantment and tragedy as well as curious persons and magical things.





Hope you will join in and have fun!

Wishes,
die amelie xx

3 comments:

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx