Wednesday 19 April 2017

Mixed Media Coral Board - a DecoArt Mixed Media DT Project

Servus and welcome to my blog on this snowy and rainy day in the midst of April! *rollingeyes

My latest project for the DecoArt Mixed Media Blog has gone live a few days ago and now's the time to post a short little invite over here to lure you over to check out the make and the tutorial.

I have been playing around with the DecoArt media Gloss Varnish and did a kind of "Varnish Layer Resist" thingie. This is the result I got:


As you can see I also used wire and a crackle medium alongside some found objects...


...and this is the coral that gave name to my creation. You could as well use fossils, shells, insects,...and many other nature finds for this project that is mainly meant to stage these finds. Most of the time they are being stored away in little boxes or drawers...but why not get them out and put them on a wall?



As this is just a detail view I hope to see you over at the DecoArt Mixed Media Blog where you can check out the technique and full tutorial !


Thanks for stopping by and as always
hugs and happy crafting!
Claudia
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow Claudia this is the most imaginative creation and executed to perfection. Love it. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just been enjoying this incredible creation over at DecoArt.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx