Maybe you know that too: you have just received gorgeous new stamps but the inspiration won't come....
Well, I found some really awesome Halloween stamps at RedLead! And when they finally had arrived, I still had no idea for a Halloween project that got me going.
Yesterday evening, finally, I stumbled upon Frilly and Funkie 's "A Different Kind Of Tag (Plus A Theme)" and THAT (thank you so much, FaFs!!!) turned the switch. So today I started my "Four Tags Halloween Album", also keeping in mind, that I wanted to use my beloved flonzcraft stamps (frame on cover and all the flourishes and borders in the project are flonzcraft stamps. Skeletton as well), as I was invited to a wonderful new challenge blog, called "Vintage Stamping Challenges" , which is sponsored by Flonzcraft (which I think, is absolutely fabulous!!). So I planned to use some of my flonzcraft stamps too, to enter their challenge too.
I also enter the challenges from "ABAC" with my sparkling front cover and all the embossing, from "Loves Rubberstamps", as I luckily found "scarecrow" and "Halloween" in the word cloud for the actual autumnal challenge and the one from the "Smudger Challenge Blog", where "anything Halloween" is asked for.
This time I decided to do a size 5 tag project, as it fitted my stamps best.
This is how it looks like:
First I cut out four tags from four sheets of some of my paper stashes ("Chillingsworth Manor" from echo park and "Olde Curiosity Shoppe" from Graphics 45) and - for the binding - a strip out of corrugated card the same width as the tags, but twice the length plus about a centimetre for the album's back.
Then I also needed something to attach the tags to. So I folded a small accordion, where I wanted to glue the tags in between. I did twice the amount of creases, to have spare folds between the singel tags, to provide space in the album for things attached to the tags.
Hope, you can see it here:
Stamps used for the tags and the cover are from: Tim Holtz, flonzcraft, My Mind's Eye and RedLead.
Distress inks used: "peeled paint", "pumice stone", "mustard seed", "spiced marmalade", "black soot", "barn door" and "antique linen".
Here are the four tags the booklet contains:
Spider webs on the tags were embossed with white, black and deep red "Sternenstaub". Images were stamped with archival black ink and Distress ink "black soot".
The cover was first sprayed with Glimmer Mists "Marmalade" and "Pomegranate" and Maya Mist "Espresso Brown", afterwards partially painted with the "Snow Cap" acrylic paint dabber and the edges blended with black stamping ink.
For little "Darla's" glowing red eyes (see third tag) I used "Xmas red" Stickles and for the embossed title "efco embossing powder "red superglitter".
I attached various ribbons to the tags, glued them into the folded accordion and then the whole bundle into the pre-cut and folded cover.
Here some more close-ups as usual!
Hope, you like it!
die amelie xx