Wednesday 16 May 2018

Guy Style at Emerald Creek Dares

Hi, servus and thanks for stopping by!
It is time again for me to share my DT project for Emerald Creek Dares and this month's challenge theme is "Guy Style" - which is totally up my street!

When I hear guy or male style, I think about metal, grunge, rusty and industrial style stuff. Perfect for using some of my all time favourite embossing powders from the amazing Emerald Creek range!


I have used Emerald Creek embossing powders Hammered Metal, Burnt Copper Leaves, Ultra Thick Clear Gloss and Doubloon Gold alongside Baked Textures Ancient Amber, Vintage Beeswax and Rocky Road on this tag.



As I knew I was going to give the tag some rough treatments with loads of collaged on and scraped on layers, I decided to use one of the Calico Craft Parts MDF tags as a substrate to work on.
I also took the opportunity to use my newly bought Pete Hughes Circle Mask die from Sizzix alongside some of Seth Apter's fab Spellbinders dies.


Burnt Copper Leaves, Ancient Amber Baked Texture and Hammered Metal were used to heat emboss my first die cuts. I also used a left over die cut that had been heat embossed with Doubloon Gold.




The Hammered Metal "dots" on my tag are actually the cut outs from Pete Hughe's Circle Mask die ;)


Then I rummaged my box with left over die cuts from previous projects and found an old die cut (done with one of Seth Apter's fabulous dies) that I wanted to give more dimension to. So I heat embossed that one with two layers of the Ultra Thick Clear Gloss Enamel.









Vintage Beeswax Baked Texture is perfect to tone in any chipboards like this Tim Holtz paper doll that I wanted to have a more brownish tint instead of the original greyish one.


The MDF tag was covered with an old dictionary page that I toned down with tea dye Distress stain.



Then I scraped on some Fresco Finish Paper Artsy paints using a palette knife.


Black soot Distress Crayon was used to darken the tag's edges.



Rocky Road Baked Texture was added here and there for additional texture and patterns. To do so I dabbed some embossing ink from my dabber onto my craft sheet, picked that up with a palette knife and randomly scraped that across the tag before I sprinkled the embossing powder on.



Some Tim Holtz stencils and black archival stamping ink were used to add additional patterns.



As the background was way too noisy at that stage, I decided to tone everything down with a coat of Titanium white DecoArt media Antiquing cream.


Once the Antiquing Cream had dried, I used a soft damp cloth to wipe it back until I was content with the look of my background.


The heat embossed elements, some word stickers and my paper doll were glued in place using matte Decou-Page. I also added some doodling and shading with a white gel pen and a black aquarellable pencil.









I finished the tag off by stamping on some stitch patterns around the edges and adding a clip on top.

The actual Dare at Emerald Creek Dares is still open and by playing along you get eligible to win a


to spend at the online store! So don't miss the chance and show us your "Guy Style" projects!

Hugs and happy crafting!
Claudia
xxx





9 comments:

  1. Wonderful project Claudia and thank your sharing the step by step process too xx I am just back from a trip to Vienna and absolutely had the best time/beautiful weather xx So much to see and we also attended the brilliant food festival at Stadtpark and a schnitzel at Fugermuller


    Sending my best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love seeing your projects, and this one is really awesome, all those layers on the background and then the embossed die cuts layer up so well. I love this grungy tag, fantastic masculine make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag, Claudia!!!! Thanks for the wonderful comments on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much- I had to tell you about it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Layered goodness and so much fun! The circle with wings really sets him off and love the stitching and paint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy love all the layers and embossed die cuts YUMMY !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally cool tag Claudia! How did you do the dot on the bottom left? I love the layers here- This totally rocks,my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you, Jackie! So glad to see you back again and well! The dot was a left-over from the circles die cut I used in the background. I used EC Hammered Metal embossing powder on it and didn't melt it completely. Hugs! XXX

      Delete
  8. Soooooo good. The little touches and all that texture - wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx