Monday 28 January 2019

Facetted Heart Birthday Card

Servus!

We celebrated my sister's birthday yesterday and I was lucky to get the cool "Faceted Heart" die from this year's new release right in time to make her a birthday card! Yay!




The Faceted Heart called for Distress Inks and Distress Oxide Inks and an "all Tim Holtz" card. ;)


I just love starting from a piece of plain white card stock or paper and ending up with something completely magic and out of this world and to me the Faceted Heart die does just this! (well, honestly all Tim's dies, embossing folders and Distress products do this... ;) 


I blended my white piece of cardstock with barn door Distress Oxide and added a layer of vintage photo Distress ink on top. Then I sprinkled on some water...

...and continued layering more red and brown Distress Inks on top, repeating the process until I was content with the look.


The final layer was more barn door Distress Oxide Ink. Then I ran this through my Big Shot to create the Faceted Heart and blended the edges - once they had been folded - with vintage photo Distress Ink.

Voilà! The finished and glued together heart! Love love love!


I still have and love some Tim Holtz "oldies" embossing folders from my very beginnings in my stash and never tire of using these as their designs still "speak" to me the way they did when they mesmerised me and made me dive deeper into this creative hobby several years ago.



I used white card stock again and blended it with Distress Inks before I ran everything through my Big Shot. Afterwards I added more Distress Ink and also some Metallic Lustre from DecoArt.


The kraft card's edges were blended with vintage photo too. Then I stacked all my layers and glued them in place and finished the card off with some of Tim's gorgeous vintage paper dolls and a quote chip.



Done!









My sister's reaction to her birthday card told me that she too felt this "wow" effect that you get when you find that it is possible to create something magical out of paper just by using some really cool products and tools. She was happy - and that made me happy too. Exactly how things should be ;)


Thanks for stopping by! 
Hugs and happy crafting!

Claudia
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this card is fantastic! I'm glad your sister loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card sure made me happy too...That 3D heart is stunning and love how you did the layers of embossing too. A wonderful card for your sister and no wonder she loved it x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Claudia and how you’ve used the faceted heart, brilliant. I have just finished a card using it and love how it goes together. Enjoy the week ahead xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes...industrual yet feminine... The best. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx