Monday 4 March 2019

Tea Time and Steampunk

...go together really well I found. ;)




See?
I was so happy when I found out that "Tea Time" is not only part of "Steampunk Time", but that you can also arrange the letters symmetrically. How cool is that? (and those who know me know that I love me a good dose of word and letters play ;)


There are some new fab wood shapes out in the Calico Craft Parts store - like the plain scrabble tiles I have used to put my letters (also from Calico Craft Parts) on...or some amazingly cool Mechanical Clockwork wood shapes like this one:



I have come up with a new way of painting these intricately detailed wood shapes so they look even more dimensional and defined and yet still keep all of the beautiful laser engraved texture and detail (because it easily gets covered up with acrylic paint if you apply it too generously).


Oh, and what a pleasure it always is to browse my stash of Mini MDF Wood Shapes - just to find perfect matches for designs I have in mind...and also one or the other bit to add to a design and create even more interest...



Of course I have used some of my favourite DecoArt products and paints to create some matte metallic bling (love the new Matte Metallics!), a subtle interference paint effect and - of course - cool crackle.

There's a detailed tutorial and loads of images over at the Calico Craft Parts Blog. I hope you will join me over there!

Hugs and happy crafting
and - as always  -
have a good start into the week!

Claudia 
xxx




1 comment:

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx