Monday 18 March 2019

This Monday it is "Ahoi!" instead of "Servus!" at Calico Craft Parts

Ahoi! Welcome to my usual biweekly invite over to the Calico Craft Parts Blog, where I am sharing a new project that is a nautical theme this time.

My husband, our good friends and I not only love pen-and-paper role-playing but some of us also do (or did...as we are slowly getting too old to run around, fight and camp in old castle ruins and other locations like that ;) live role-playing which involves designing and making costumes and equipment by hand (which is an essential part of the fun)!

Lately we had a very fun Murder Mistery Dinner in a Vampire setting and dear friends of us decided to do another one - this time as pirates in the Caribbean, having to solve another murder case. They have invested a lot of time, effort and thought into writing up their own story and preparing all the characters and info sheets for us and next weekend we will all meet - dressed as pirates of all kinds - and have a lot of fun again ;)

For this occasion I decided to create a book box in which to store any info sheets and other notes for my role (I have already started a list of impressive pirates curses for example) - and luckily the Calico Craft Parts  Book Box Kit is just perfect for this!

And not only the Book Box Kit as you can see....


There are lots of fabulous nautical and ocean themed wood shapes in the Calico Craft Parts store, so I could easily do ten more without having to repeat myself (and I can tell you picking parts for just one possible design was really hard....I loved them all, but had to decide on parts for just one book box for starters).

With just a few DecoArt paints and products and some lovely map wrapping paper the book box was quite quickly and easily done. The more detailed description of the how-to can be found over at the Calico Craft Parts Blog as always. Hope to see you over there!

Hugs and happy crafting! 
Claudia
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx