Thursday 27 October 2016

Falling Into Celebration! - "All Hallow's Eve" at Emerald Creek Dares

Hi and servus and welcome to the actual "Falling Into Celebration!" challenge at the Emerald Creek Dares blog!

Over there Canadian Thanksgiving and the Diwali Festival of Lights have already been on this month's schedule and the last part rounds it all up with a bundle of Halloween projects - and my make is part of it ;)

I made a Halloween card using some of the gorgeous Emerald Creek embossing powders and embellishments and some of my favourite Tim Holtz Halloween themed Sizzix dies alongside some Distress inks, Distress paints and Distress crayons as well.




The arch shaped background (that was die cut using the Tim Holtz Arch Frame die) is selfmade and I will definitely do more of these layered "forest sceneries" but not cover them up as much next time as I really love how it looks! But with this make I wanted to make the pumpkin and the gorgeous spooky swirls the stars.

To create my arch I started with a scrap of the backgrounds I did with my lovely niece some time ago (in this post HERE). Actually they were done by scraping on various acrylic paints with an old credit card and then adding layers of Distress inks and splattered on Distress paints in black soot and raspberry red.

I used Tim's Birch Trees and Branch Tree dies to create stencils from cardboard and acetate to use on my background for layering a forest scene.




The first layer was done in black soot Distress ink while the second (using the Branch Tree stencil) was done using archival black ink for a darker effect.



I just love the depth of this!

Then I went on with die cutting two borders using Tim's Twisted Edge and Drip Edge Thinlits dies.
I heat embossed the Twisted Edge border using "St. Paddy's Day" - one of my all time favourites from the Emerald Creek embossing powders!

To blend it in with my grunge look I darkened the edges using a black soot Distress Crayon. It works just perfectly on embossed pieces!



I did the same with a pumpkin that I die cut using the Movers & Shapers pumkin die from the Tim Holtz Mini Acorn & Pumpkin set. This time I used Emerald Creek's "Tangerine Orange Sparkle" embossing powder on it.




As you can see I mixed both embossing powders on the pumpkin which makes it look even more natural.

I took one of Emerald Creek's "Fearless" Buckle charms and heat embossed it with Emerald Creek "Mercury Rising" embossing powder to grunge it up. I also used this embossing powder on a die cut bat to repeat this colour (which always helps with visually fusing different elements on a project).



One of Emerald Creek's fab Skull Charms was painted white using picket fence Distress paint and my fingertip.

The Drip Edge was die cut from red cardstock and given a thorough coat of DecoArt Triple Thick to create a drop like and liquidy impression.




The Fearless Buckle Charm was attached to the background and border using sticky foam pads and some grunged up string.


I highighted the letters by smudging on some white Distress crayon with my fingertip.



Some Halloween designer paper from my stash was cut to size and folded in half to form a card. The edges of the arch and card were darkened by smudging on black soot Distress Crayon before I mounted the finished arch to the card using sticky foam pads again. Et voilá!




I love the mix of a bit of bling and dark grungy edges and shapes! I hope you like my card as much as I am content with its outcome!




If you haven't already done so I recommend you check out the makes of my lovely teamies and the other celebrations themed DT posts over at the Emerald Creek Dares blog!

Hope to see you there playing along soon! There's a $50 voucher for the online store to be won! So don't miss your chance!




If you liked some of the Emerald Creek products featured in this post (they have the Distress stuff as well!) - here's where you can buy these and even more fab stuff (just click on the button to get to the shop):


Happy Halloween and hugs and happy crafting!
Claudia
xxx

8 comments:

  1. Always love your creations Claudia!! That pumpkin is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia, I am extremely pleased with your card! The creepy woods background speaks to me, and draws me right in! The embossed Twisted Edge border and pumpkin are perfectly spooky, too and you have created an incredibly eerie scene! Love it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a spooktacular card Claudia, your forest background is delightfully eerie and I love the contrast of the dark forest with the sparkled pumpkin and vines not to mention the glossy blood drips! Love it, thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fabulous Claudia....I just love your amazing spooky background with the drips and trees. Wonderful layers and I love the way you have used the twisted on the edge die. TFS and best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Claudia! The pumpkin and greenery are perfect and love how you used the embossing powder on them. Your spooky background is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great piece Claudia, nice and spooky! Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you haunty background you created and the blood drips makes it feel so real...love that you created a life like pumpkin withe the mixing of embossing powder. I love Emerald Creek EP. Claudia, you never fail to inspire!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx