Sunday 1 December 2013

A Very Vintage Christmas! - Our Creative Corner's December Challenge

Welcome back , dear readers, followers and crafting friends,

to another edition of Our Creative Corner's challenges!!! Laura, who is your lovely host for this month's challenge, chose

A Very Vintage Christmas


which means you are to use neutral colours only!

Seems the 1st of the month will be a double-feature day over here in the future as it presents TWO new challenges - the one over at Our Creative Corner AND at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges! So, please, check out both as they are really worth a look and I hope both provide a lot of crafting fun and inspiration for you. 

Back to the Very Vintage Christmas:

I admit this was a rather hard job for me to do as I rather seldomly dare create "vintage" combined with that touch of delicacy neutral colours add to this sort of makes.



I used a lovely stamp from Red Lead for the cones and a script stamp with X-mas greetings for the background. The flourishes were die cut using the Tim Holtz "mini flourish" Alterations Sizzix die. Some sprinkles of dark brown and gold for more texture and a velvet ribbon added to the bottom for a more festive feel. I also added some tiny blots of clear stickles for a bit of "snowflake bling" - done!

I hope you like it and you definitely should check out the vintage X-mas makes my awesomely talented teamies have prepared for you over at the challenge blog!!!
I so look forward to see your entries (which will definitely put me in a very merry mood ;)

As usual some close-ups:












If you also want to know the new challenge over at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges, scroll down to the previous post. ;)

Hugs, happy crafting and enjoy the pre-Christmas period!!!! (I definitely will ;)

Claudia x

I enter this tag to the following challenges:

Fashionable Stamping Challenges - In the Holiday Spirit
The Artistic Stamper - Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes



23 comments:

  1. Beautifully composed and such soft colours. I love this Claudia. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so lovely, Claudia - delicate and ethereal... it's so cool seeing what happens when you work in pale neutrals - it's like a whole other side of you comes out to play!! I think it's beautiful.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background you created for it and especially for the flourish! You make neutrals rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. und noch so ein T*R*A*U*M*T*E*I*L Claudia...

    Du bist eine einzige große Bereicherung für die Stempel- und Mixed Media Welt!
    Danke für Deine wunderschönen Arbeiten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I notice this beautiful tag at Our creative corner and I have to take a closer look...fantastic details Claudia!
    Big hug

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so beautiful Claudia, I love your neutral colours and the design is stunning! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ein traumhaft schönes Tag, liebe Claudia! Wunderschön gestaltet.

    Ich wünsche Dir einen schönen 1.Adventssonntag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the softness of colours on this tag with that slight hint of colour, fabulous!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So unusual - and very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You managed to take on this challenge Claudia to perfection! I love the delicate way you have put your tag together, it looks just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tag Claudia, the soft colours look super.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful tag, a pleasure to get at Christmass!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your projects are all so beautiful! I'm so glad I found your blog. Your truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Das Tag ist toll, mir gefallen die Farben seeehr gut! LG und gute Nacht! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  15. The close up pictures show just how beautiful this tag is Claudia. I love the delicate layers and those stunning neutrals you've put together. The little spritzes and splatters are a perfect finishing touch too. Gorgeous! I will catch up with you soon.
    Hugs, Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful tag, the longer you look, the more you see!
    thanks for sharing with us at FSC!
    xxx Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous tag, Claudia! I love the embellishments and die cuts. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This tag IS SO AMAZING! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous tag. We love it. It looks like it's full of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Claudia. The softness and colours are beautifully vintage...very feminine and so easy to just keep looking at.
    Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas and thank you for joining us at FSC this month.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous and thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper challenge this month .

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous tag Claudia, love the soft colours with those images and lovely background.
    Thanks for linking up with FSC
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx