Monday 16 December 2013

Altered Chocolate Box Book

Today I can finally share with you a project I made as a birthday present for one of my dearest long term friends - another chocolate box book I altered (and yes - I it was once again necessary - for the sake of art - to eat the chocolate first that was inside! Considering all the X-mas cookies I will be eating during the next weeks this is really a sacrifice *lol).


As she teaches chemistry and is a lover of artefacts too, I knew this was the right thing to make for her ;)

You can find a detailed how-to by clicking here (or searching the Tutorials page that can be found at the top of my blog - directly under the banner).

I glued some sandwich paper onto the box and created a lot of wrinkles while the glue was still wet. After this had dried I gave the whole box a coat of "Raw Umber" acrylic colour.

While this was set aside to dry I created the aged paper (using Distress Inks and the Wrinkle Free Distress Technique - an all time favourite of mine which I never tire to do honestly).






The insides of the box were covered with stamped and aged paper too.

I used the Tim Holtz "Laboratoire" stamp set, which I really love!










When the acrylic colour had dried I rubbed on some DecoArt Metallic Lustre "Gold Rush" with a piece of cut'n dry foam.

I toned down the bright red ribbon using a dark brown ink stain to match the rest of the design.

Done!

(Inside - rolled up, stuffed into a tiny vial and corked - was a gift coupon - selfmade of course - for one day's crafting with me in my studio ;)



She seemed to like it very much - and I hope you like it too! :)






Hugs, happy crafting and a merry X-mas to you all!
Claudia x

17 comments:

  1. Like it......no, LOVE IT! I really do admire the sacrifices you make for your art!! I'll be back to watch your tutorial very soon, just need some chocolate! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic again Claudia, I remember the last one well,this seriously looks like an ancient book, what a fantastic transformation! Love the inside too, I bet your friend loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning alteration ...the outside has a great grungy look and you've used great stamps on the inside Claudia...your friend will be very glad with this gift
    kind regards, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could anyone not love this stunning creation Claudia! A fabulous transformation, love it! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This project is simply stunning !!!! Really love this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Na, für so ein tolles Ergebnis muss man natürlich schon ein paar "schokoladige Opfer" bringen ;o)
    Gefällt mir sehr gut, liebe Claudia - kaum zu glauben, dass das eine Pralinenschachtel war. Auch die Innenseite sieht richtig klasse aus. Ich wpnsche dir eine schöne Woche!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the inside and the outside! It looks really old!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic project and altering. Can see how your friend loves this special gift.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. From a chocolate box!? You're kidding, I will have to have a look at your tutorial! Don't eat too much chocolote! You can keep the boxes, send me the chocolates! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a very lucky friend to receive such a beautiful gift. We would like to offer our services as chocolate eaters next time you undertake such a project,

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic works!!!!!!! I love the cover !!! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  12. ein absolut geniales Design Claudia! STARK!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Das Ergebnis ist so genial, dass niemand vermuten würde, dass es nicht auch ein altes Buch ist!
    Supertoll und sehr persönlich auch die Innenseiten mit den chemischen Geräten! Großartig!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning texture on the outsides - an antiquarian volume, no question - just perfect distressed look. And the warm colours of the stamped panels, with those gorgeous inky effects (I never get tired of it either!) - a really stunning make, Claudia... I hope you'll be eating lots more chocolates over Christmas as well as cookies!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely adore this Claudia. You would never know it's original purpose and I can think of so many more for it now. Your creativity is so incredible and I am always inspired by your creations. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx