Tuesday 5 June 2018

"The Voice of the Sea" Tag Duo

Servus, hi and welcome to my little creative spot!
Thanks for stopping by today!

Today I would like to share with you a tag duo I have made using some of the wonderful new stencils and rubber stamp sets by lovely Samantha Braund from Samantha Braund Arts.

Samantha recently messaged me on facebook and we had a lovely and inspiring chat. We talked about her doing all her demo projects for the selling shows on craft TV herself and she said she would love to see what someone else - for example I - would come up with using some of her new stencils and stamp sets. This was so very lovely of her and I feel very honoured by this and when she suggested that I could have some of them to play with, my answer was of course a loud and happy "Yes, please! I would LOVE to!"

Actually I remember using a lot more words than just these few, because I was so excited... ;)

I have been admiring Samantha's beautiful jewellery designs and drawings for quite a long time now. So being asked by her really is such an honour and I feel truly blessed. Thank you so much, Samantha! Mwah! XXX

I hope you like my "The Voice of the Sea" tag duo!



You know me - I love the sea and the magic of underwater worlds. So I had a lot of fun using Sam's stencils and stamps to bring some of my ideas to life.

I have used stamps from the Voice of the Sea, Starfish and Barnacles and Coral Reef Fish Medley stamp sets alongside the beautiful Fan Coral stencil (and mask) and the Curly Seaweed stencil.


I die cut two tags from heavy mixed media paper and used DecoArt Americana paints and DecoArt stencil brushes to create the backgrounds.





Then I stamped on the images from the stamp sets to create my scenes using black archival stamping ink. Once that was dry I painted them with watered down DecoArt media fluid acrylics using a detail brush. 




Final details (mainly highlights) in white were added with a white gel pen....


...before I finished off the tags by adding quotes and bits of text from the stamp sets.






The hints of blue in the backgrounds were done by first spreading water with a wet brush in the spots on the tags and then bringing only a little paint to these areas with the tip of the brush. This way the paint pigments spread beautifully and created lovely subtle shades.

I hope you like my two underwater tags as much as I do!

Hugs and happy crafting!
Claudia
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Oooh wow, Thank you Claudia these are wondrous, you are so talented hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The are just beautiful panels! I particularly love the green one! Well done !
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx