Wednesday 31 October 2018

Come on-a my house, my house a come on...

Last chance to post a Halloween project...so here we go!



The design team of Calico Craft Parts recently did samples showcasing the Book Box Kit and as this was a feature for the October issue of Craft Stamper Magazine, some - including me - went for Halloween themed projects (using more Halloween wood shapes from the Calico Craft Parts range).
(Better pictures and the projects of my teamies alongside the detailed product lists and the how-tos can be found in the October issue of Craft Stamper Magazine!).



Being a fan of "The Walking Dead" TV series and with the compartments of the book box reminding me of single rooms, I went for a house that is inhabited by zombies...



I especially aimed for that typical colour scheme from the Walking Dead Intro - a pale rotten palette with fleshy warm tones and fading greens. To find the right colour palette for my project I used an online tool (there are several out there) that extracts colour palettes from images you upload on their site - so I snatched a Walking Dead picture I found on the internet - et voilà: all I had to do was pick the matching tones of DecoArt paints from my studio paint storage trolley and paint away!




I painted one large and some mini Zombie wood shapes and also some Halloween words from the Calico Craft Parts range using DecoArt Americana and media fluid acrylics.

Here's an image of the project in progress (without the painted rooms and the hand painted "of the")...



...and these are the rooms I've painted with the zombies glued in place:






I've imagined these zombies all living next door to each other, trying to leave the rooms they're locked in, but not being able to (until some poor human opens the doors, not knowing what is waiting for him on the other side)...and of course doing their nasty groans and grunts and walking around restlessly in there....huahhhh!




And of course there had to be a Zombie close up - reaching its hand out to grab you...ready to take a bite!



I had great fun painting the Zombies - especially the two on the inside of the Book Box Cover!



Amazing what a little paint can do, isn't it? ;) 

Actually the colour range from the DecoArt media fluid acrylics was perfect for the job, and the Americana paints were a great addition as there are so many tones to choose from! 



Such a friendly neighbourhood this is! 



Happy Halloween!
Claudia
xxx




3 comments:

  1. It's amazing Claudia. Happy Halloween..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Claudia, it just screams of the Walking Dead, I love it!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every time I see an email in my inbox from you. They never disappoint and this year's Halloween posts are the best. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx