Wednesday 20 February 2013

WOYWW # 194

Good morning from Vienna. Weather's grey in grey as it has been during ages it feels...and the world's best "weeks-counter" ever tells us that another grey week has just passed within the twinch of an eye it seems.

Don't know what I am talking about? Well, go visit and maybe even join Julia Dunnit's fabulous "What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday" community! I really love it!

So here's what's on my desk today:


Nothing too exciting, I know, but these are the materials I bought for the next canvasses my friend ordered (for a housewarming party this time) immediately after she got this one from me. Something lovely and vintage it has to be this time...well, let's see. Lots of white, beige and pale shabby pink this will bring to my crafting table (something rather unusual for me to work with). Thinking hat is already on ;)

More interesting at the moment could be what is ABOVE my workdesk this wednesday *giggle.


See it? There - hanging from the ceiling? I refunctioned a sock dryer (from a very famous Swedish furniture store) into a scrap chandelier *LOL. As my crafting room really lacks any displaying surfaces (as all the walls are crammed with shelves), I had to be inventive ;) . Ah, yesss, and surely you have detected all the board games by now... let me tell you that these are just a fraction of the board games we possess...when my husband and I met, we were both heavily into collecting and playing board games with our friends - so two households, each holding at least forty to fifty games, fused into one. The board games stayed (of course) and have been happily proliferating ever since... :))

Wishing you all a happy Workdesk Wednesday!

Hugs,

die amelie x


24 comments:

  1. Hi Claudia, I think you may not have posted your blog correctly as all you get is a photo. i managed to get you from my blog list. Great desk, one has to utilise the space we have and if that means the ceiling. Why not. Francesca #29

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the sock hanger idea, and have in fact used one ourselves to dry tea dyed papers. Amazing what other uses we can find for products isn't it?

    Greetings from the bears @#98 we think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a great collection of games :0)
    We have some but not quite so many, always fun to play x
    Happy WOYWW Heather # 72

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sock hanger is one of the best ideas I have seen for ages Claudia, how very inventive of you! Like the look of the bird next to your canvases too. Happy WOYWW, Anne x #37

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfekt und praktisch ..ein kleines großartiges Künstlerparadies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous desk - love your sock hanger idea too. Look forward to seeing your finished canvas..Happy WOYWW Gill x #103

    ReplyDelete
  7. so if we run out of wall space draw space and any other type of space we then hang it from the ceiling, love it
    Wishing you a really great WOYWW
    Ria #73

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who would have thought a sock hanger could look so good, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claudia, What a great idea to use that sock hanger to display your crafty bits. I love board games we have quite a few, but not quite as many as you. Hugs Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhh so many things to love, the repuposed sock hanger and all those board games! I love playing word board games. Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guten Abend Die ! thanks for coming by earlier ! Love the sock drier idea ! Looks a lot of fun & you can add & change things as you want !! have a great week ! Ali x #27

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great storage.
    Wow so many games.
    Love the sock hanger idea.
    Happy WOYWW
    Alison
    #75

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Claudia...did not realise you were from Vienna......how fabulous. I so want to go there and stay in the Hotel Sacher with the 'world famous' torte. I purchased a torte from there at Christmas...it was so delicious, and in such a beautiful box.


    Anyway...what a fantastic desk space you have here....very organised indeed. I must try and join next week.

    Happy WOYWW

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Claudia. Loving that sock hanger idea! Just to let you know I've nominated you for a Liebster Award here; http://pushingtherightbuttons.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/men-awards-and-comments.html
    Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. great idea to put binds on the shelves to hide away stuff:) Happy WOYWW Lindsay #115

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh love the repurposed sock hangar! So cool to hang ATCs or tags from. Wow! That's a lot of board games alrighty. Do you ever snitch a piece for a project. :) Have a great week. Happy WOYWW! Nan 7

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I noticed the board games straight away. I look for Scrabble in the thrift stores, but only for the letters and the stands. Don't think badly of me......

    Cool way to hang some of your inspiration! I had to scroll back up and take a look at your photo to see what you were talking about.

    Also went back to look at your canvas and it's amazing! I love it. No wonder your friend ordered more!!

    Thanks for visiting me already. I'm afraid it may take me all week to get around to everyone.

    Happy WOYWW
    Peace, Kay #2

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great way to show off your art! I was as interested in the shelves as your board games - do you still play them or are you always crafting? (I would be!) Helen, 5

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a great use for the sock drier.... loved having a look at your workroom, my family love board games too. I think you so some super things I had a nose at your other posts whilst I was here. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do not think I have ever seen so many board games in one place, not even in a shop. Do you get to play them all or do you just play the new ones? What a good idea to use that sock drier. Have a great week. xx Maggie #42

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you have little blinds over the shelves, I'm sure they hide a multitude of sins when they're down! That's a brilliant use for the sock dyer too, they say that necessity is the mother of all invention! Lol, that's a lot of board games!! We have two, Scrabble and Monopoly and it's a rare day that either of them get played!!

    Hugs
    Brenda 114

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the look of your desk! The sock dryer and the blinds are great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great desk. And the sock dryer redo is cool. April #130

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need a scrap chandelier I have too much stuff! There's no place but up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx