Sunday 15 September 2013

Our Creative Corner - "Forgotten Things"

Servus and welcome back to another mid-month teaser of Our Creative Corner's challenge!

This month Redanne is your lovely host and she asked us (and asks you too) to use forgotten things - things from our stash or techniques we had forgotten about or haven't used for a long time.

This made me browse through my stash and all my shelves and come up with the set of four lovely tin boxes containing tiny Alice in Wonderland image stamps, which I really had forgotten as they were something I had bought at the very beginning of my stamping career (and only used once and then put aside).



As they are so small, I decided they were perfect for making another altered domino booklet.

Et voila:




For my domino booklet I stamped two dominoes with my favourite images from the stamp sets using Staz On black stamping ink. Then I blended the edges of the dominoes with alcohol inks and added two chit chat stickers. I covered them with a layer of DecoArt gloss "Decou-page" as a sealant.

For the book's content I folded a cut to size piece of cream card to form several pages, blended the edges with DI "gathered twigs" and stamped more Alice in Wonderland images on them.















For the spine of my booklet I used a piece of rough ribbon, which I glued around the back of the pages.
















Before glueing the dominoes to the outsides of the back and front pages, I inserted two pieces of narrow ribbon for the booklet's lock.

















Some embellishing with jump rings and a pearl and tiny clock - done!


















I wonder what it will be YOU come up with... "re-discovering" things one already owns is almost as good as if you had just bought something new... *lol. At least it was to me ;)

I look forward to seeing your entries made from forgotten things soon!

Hugs,

die amelie - Claudia x

10 comments:

  1. Fab domino book Claudia and what a great way to use those little stamps! I always think Alice stamps suit a book make and this is just a perfect little treasure! Love the charms you have added to the binding too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an absolute gem of a piece Claudia. Love the attention to detail like the edges of the pages and the little ribbon ties. You have worked your magic again. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. An utterly enchanting make, Claudia - the Alice stamps are so wonderful, and I'm delighted they've finally found a showcase - hope to see lots more of them!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claudia, I agree with Alison, this is just enchanting - like Alice herself. I just love those little stamps, so small but so detailed. This is such a beautiful and inspiring make. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you know how much I like little books Claudia and this one is a beauty! I adore those tiny stamps - looks like they were just made for this project and the idea for the spine is one I'll be copying. Love, Margie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolut genial!!!! Das sieht wieder mal Hammer aus!!!! Ich bin davon richtig begeistert, das ist eine soooo schöne Idee!!!!

    LG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those stamps (and the tins) are gorgeous - how could you forget those?!?! :-)They are perfect for your domino book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is wonderful Claudia - love those gorgeous little stamps and what a beautiful little book you have made. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Love those thamps. It's nice to find those little surprises =)
    xx Monique

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love anything that's small and beautiful. This gorgeous little creation fits both of those criteria perfectly. I just love it. The attention to detail is wonderful.
    I would have looked at those little stamp tins and want them too. I probably would have done exactly the same as you: use them a couple of times and then shelve them! So glad you brought them out of hiding Claudia!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx